Wednesday 10 October 2012

Still discovering... and Gobble Gobble gah

I joined a gym because I am getting all fatty depressed but I actually think that has more to do with the weather. Luckily , as I am not a great morning person, I have a crazy aunt who unceremoniously wakes me up in the morning to go walking. I am definitely my father's daughter, I can walk around (well stumble, and occasionally swear) in the dark and then I have to hop into the shower to wake myself up.

I have had three calls from the gym already, saying I am getting a free month and also from my new PT plus an email. It looks like I have entered into a committed relationship without even realising it!

Now what else have I been up to... I really need to note these things down..

Oh right - bought these cute little gifts for Mama Svenska and my darling Princess Ivy - cutest mittens ever (although I know NZ is heading into summer).




Also my Uncle Lox gave me the loveliest orchard as a new housewarming gift which is so sweet of him! My first orchid, and I've wanted one for ages too!

I thought I had a photo of this but apparently I don't - I will put one in when I show you my completed new room in my new place where I am staying.
   
St Lawrence markets - these were awesome - I picked up a retro telephone that works - and its purty as.

I also bought a cool set of knives that have bone handles. I got these for Dad - he has some butter knife ones at home and he loves them. I think they are the only thing he thinks about when the dishwasher is about to go on. Note - never bought bone in a dishwasher the caustic suds will eat it away.

We are prepping for Thanksgiving so have gone out and bought lovely little harvesty things. Seriously I love decorating but I am a Kiwi and we don't have these weird ass pumpkins and squashes they have here. Although you  must love the warnings that say NOT for consumption. hee hee because fatty cakes will eat the ugly dried up corn things. Sheaves? Husks? Not sure what it is.

People put wreaths up here for fall and decorate their front steps - so cool. I really want to dress up for Halloween and scare the crap out of the neighbourhood kids.

This is my attempt at a Thanksgiving table decoration - it's my first go so be nice. Thanksgiving day was amazing and the food was divine. I went into a complete turkey coma. No seriously I only ate one meal the entire day, yes it was a doozy, I wasn't hungry until the next day around midday and THAT was after an hour walk the day before, an hour and a half gym session with a personal trainer and another hour long work. THAT is how much of an oink oink I was. Seriously though, best food!!!!



                                     
                                     
It may be Thanksgiving but you can always practise your duck pout BANG BANG
                                      

Me and my cuz - sitting down I am at least sort of near his head. Standing up I don't have a chance.                                    

                                          
YUMMY food


Three types of pie! Blueberry, Pumpkin Pecan Crunch and Apple! NOM
I've also realised that I stuffed up my aunty's internet account - whoops - I use ALOT of internet - so luckily she has upped her plan hee hee. But there are some really good new shows out and it is getting cold here so it is nice to snuggle down in bed and watch them.

Aunty Tree and I also visited Niagara Falls. It was impressive - and I like the fact that the view from Canada is better than from the USA.

We hopped on the Maid of the Mist and we had these gorgeous blue poncho things on  - as good Antipodeans we tied a knot at the bottom of ours bringing the poncho into heel so to speak. No one else did and as soon as the boat started EVERYONE'S other ones flew up and stayed up. Giggle.

But to be fair on my head I still got drenched - the force of the falls is something else. Apparently Asians keep hopping up over the safety barrier in the search of the perfect picture and one Japanese bird fell right off, went over the falls and died.

Another story is that there was a high speed chase that came of the corner, both the perp and the cop went into the water - the perp died and the cop lived so that worked out ok.







                                        
                                                    I just love the random birds here.




                                    
                                           Cable car down the hill

No comments:

Post a Comment