Friday 28 September 2012

Random chats, IKEA traps and faceplanting a tub of Cherry Garcia

Random things seem to happen to me, which can be annoying sometimes but mostly I love it because I get to  go or experience little adventures all the time and life is never boring.

As soon as I got my new mobile number I see this message coming up on my Whats App app. Thinking it is my cousin Jarred I start typing away. It takes a while to figure out that I have no idea who this person is.

So I say, er I think you may have the wrong person. To whit he replies yes I think I must do. I wish him good luck in finding the right person.

The next day I get another message from him and a picture. Here it is. Faces have been changed to protect identity.

Not the lawyer. This is Shredder. If you don't
know which show he is from shame
on you. SHAME!!!
So turns out he is in the next suburb over, is a second year law student working in a law firm who has already offered me his services should I wish to apply for residency. I tell ya!! I'm also assuming he is really young. Like 20s.

Now, yes, he could very well be a stalker, but I've had stalkers before and I've coped and I am intrigued by a person who continues to randomly message me.

Also now we have moved onto talking about cricket.

However if something should happen to me I trust you all know at least one of my tattoos in which you should be able to identify me.

Now on a different topic, I am moving into a room in a house around the corner from my aunt's place - because I love my aunt and I want us to stay friends so we are not going to live together hee hee.

Anyway I am staying with a lovely lady named Bonnie who I hear loves to dress up for Halloween and so I am going to , and hand out candy, etc. FUN!!!

In order to prep my room, because we all know how much I love to decorate, I headed to IKEA. For under $150 I bought myself a new queen duvet set, new queen duvet sheet set, a full set of towels, some holders for my bathroom products, a frame for my prints that I got in Sweden and some coathangers. AWESOME AYE!!!! I joined the club and I will go back when I have more of an idea what I need.






New duvet set - queen with two pillow cases only $24.99!



These are the beautiful prints I got in Northern Sweden and I'm so glad I found a cool frame for them - total cost of prints and frame comes to about $30





All my bootie!!! (And my stolen blue IKEA bag)







I will post a photo of my room before and after but I can't do this until next Monday when I move in. I am only paying $750 a month including all utilities, internet and dinners. Such a good deal!

Although I have to say, even with a map, in IKEA Aunty T and I felt a bit like this:


Thankfully, like a medieval town, IKEA has a set layout so we made it out in one piece. Although at the checkouts I didn't realise you had to pay for the bags and so now I am technically a thief of a $1 big blue IKEA bag. Whoops.

We also went north and visited the town of Stouffville where my uncle lived before he met my aunty. It was such a beautiful drive with the fall colours in the trees. Honestly, NZ is one of the most beautiful countries in the world no arguments but the countryside here in fall is just divine. I also really want to buy some gumboots and go kick some leaves. Just because I can.

I've been speaking to a friend of mine from NZ Jess who is now living in Canada so the weekend after Thanksgiving (Mon 8 Oct) I am heading two hours north west and going to visit her in her small town. It should be interesting, and fun. I will try to have photos!!

I have managed to get all my papers and documents sorted. I've even joined the library, which I didn't even do in Auckland. So now job hunting really starts in earnest. Let's just hope an employer recognises the awesomeness of me and snaps me up!!

Words, words,but they keep me pumped up and motivated a little like this: 

Oh right , how could I almost forget. I am soooo happy to be back in a land of Ben and Jerry's. I finally got a hold of my favourite ice cream (apart from boysenberry ripple by Tip Top which always reminds me of my Nana Wilson) - Cherry Garcia, cherry icecream with cherry pieces in it. The goodness of taste on my tongue is indescribable. Nomminess would be the closest I could come to it.

Final thought, I've once had someone put me down for making up random words. I wish I had known this little factoid at the time - the word 'serendipity' was coined by Horace Walpole in the late 1700s. He was in British politics. Now it is an accepted word and in the dictionary. So you never know when made up words will become actual words. Schooled!

LOL should never actually be said though. That's just wrong.

Right, I am off to try and find work, then I am going to be a good girl and go exercise (can you see my newly polished halo?). Take care everyone and have a super super weekend. I'll be back soon - you can check out my other sections for blogging - head to the home page and just click.

No comments:

Post a Comment