Friday 21 September 2012

Hoser how d'ya do

After a rough start to flight morning I hopped aboard my Lufthansa flight and started on my voyage to Toronto, stopping off in Frankfurt, which may I mention is the hugest damn airport and is a pain in the arse when you have to book it from one side of it to the other.

I was on a flight that travelled through to the USA so was blessed with the dulcet tones of Americans throughout the journey. *cough cough sarcasm if you didn't get the fact that the accent was grating me the wrong way and it really does sound like they're complaining alot of the time and yes in answer to your raised eyebrows I'm anti- the accent because of recent experiences and yes I'm generalising of course.

Anyway the flight from Frankfurt to Toronto was quite good, I had an aisle seat as usual and the seat next to me was free so my over sized handbag and I were able to stretch out quite comfortably. I tried to buy duty free on board but my credit cards wouldn't work so had a bit of heart failure over that but they work now so you can all breathe easily knowing I won't be begging in the streets.

Also the funniest thing happened on the plane, I was walking back to my seat when I looked down and saw that a gentleman sitting down was holding my arrival card for Canada in his hand. I reached down to take it and explain (although I didn't know how) that I must have dropped it and could I have it. Language barrier and a few confusing seconds later and I realised that this German man was actually holding his wife's arrival card (who was sitting across the aisle from him and looking at me like I had smoked the electric puha) and her name was Anne-Marie Petersen, spelt exactly the same, and in very similar writing, but she was about 35 years older than me, oh and German.

Aunty Tree and Uncle Lox were at the airport to greet me which was absolutely lovely. Even in my short ride back to their house I have already learnt alot about Canadia :-)

This is the first time I have visited their home and my first time in Toronto so it's going to be interesting.

$1.24 for 20 + bottles of water so I'm already loving it. TV channels in French as well as English so I can bone up on my francais and a very comfy quiet and dark bedroom. Sleep was inevitable.

I really love the house its an apartment but two levels, actually the sort of thing I will look to buy myself in the future I imagine. Lots of groovy nick nacks that make me want to go antiquing!!

Right off to get bank account, SID number, cell phone SIM and hopefully a kick ass job.

No comments:

Post a Comment