Friday 14 December 2012

Wiarton Take 2

Headed back to Wiarton to see Jess - this time for about 12 days.

I came back in knowing people this time, and by people I mean the old fullas at the Legion which is the Canadian version of the RSA.

It was nice to see people again. I fell prey to the dreadful dreadful wine of the Legion and when you have a couple you think its ok and its really all downhill from there.  I think I shall treat myself to champagne for New Years but apart from that the race is on to get to a suitable health level for when I return to NZ. 

My poor body also got fed wheat so it is very happy to be back in Toronto on my wheat free diet. If you want to learn more about the benefits of a wheat free diet you need to check out the book Wheat Belly.

Since I cut out wheat my acid reflux has gone away, my wheeziness and the majority of my sinus issues. Amazing! And I realise I sound like an infomercial but it really has made all the difference! My skin, which on a good day is great, has become even better!

Also while in Wiarton I saw their Santa Parade, which DID container a million and one clubs with old men, but no Santa.

Go figure.

The Ham and Turkey spin at the Legion was also on our social calendar (Jess works there and is a member hence why we spent time there). I won a huge ham on the bone, so now I just need to find a diabetic friendly glaze and we'll be away laughing.

We also had the chance to head into Owen Sound where I just had to , had to , get my hair cut at Walmart. I actually thought it would be terrible but it isn't bad and now I can say I can be white trash with the best of them!

We also had a nommy dinner of Japanese, I've not had decent Japanese in so long so I was very excited. I got to have my regular teriyaki chicken bento box.

Jess and I DID go and see Twilight - we were the only ones laughing so I'm thinking we weren't there for the same reasons everyone else was. 

Jess , bless her, is a bit clumsy, the floor around us ended up looking like a popcorn machine had been attacked in it. I really wish I had taken a photo - it was EVERYWHERE.


Afterwards we headed off to the Festival of Northern Lights which was sooo pretty.








We also managed to dye our hair (and didn't ruin it), and attempt to put up her Christmas tree. You know when someone is so upset, and has been looking forward to something but the situation just goes from bad to comically tragic and you can't help but laugh. That's what happened here. 

She expected the tree to be about 4 ft taller, and for all the lights to work. They kind of stopped halfway up. Ever the optimist Jess says, ah well , at least we can put the decorations up half the tree and fix the lights the next day. Alas, the ornaments didn't have the hangry on parts to them so she couldn't even do that. I felt terrible but could NOT for the life of me stop giggling.

It was nice to be back in Toronto again though, with my little routines. Tomorrow I am heading back to the gym I've not been in over 2 weeks and no doubt I shall kill myself on the cycling machine but I'm going to go ahead and do it anyway!!!

Aunty T and I are heading out to buy a real Christmas tree this week and I'm looking forward to decorating it.

It appears that my Christmas cards have all made it around the world which is awesome. Now I just need to finish my Christmas shopping and prepare for a feast!

I can't believe it's nearly the end of the year - and what a year it has been.

No comments:

Post a Comment