Tuesday 6 November 2012

My first pumpkin...and Justin Hines

I have always wanted to carve a pumpkin - there is something so tween book about it - I used to read about carving in my Sweet Valley Twins books and Babysitters Club books and it always sounded like so much fun.

It was and it wasn't. The carving is fun, but the prep isn't really. I copied a design off a picture of one that I saw of another pumpkin and drew with washable black pen. But first you have to cut the top off and dig out all the seeds and clean the inside of the pumpkin.

Then following the design that has been drawn I got a super sharp knife and began carving away. There are special pumpkin carving knives, and IF I manage to find the right sort of pumpkin then I will buy one.

I managed to get the design cut out, and if I say so myself I love the outcome of my first ever pumpkin,  I popped a tea light inside and voila!




Aunty Tree, Uncle Lox and I also went to a Justin Hines concert. Now Justin Hines is an artist that I have purchased one of his songs off  iTunes without knowing who he was , I just liked the song.

The concert was held in Markham which is Justin's hometown. Uncle Lox actually used to know Justin when he was a little boy at school.

Now the thing about this artist is that his voice is amazing - but when you see him - you realise just what he had to overcome to be an artist - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_Hines

It is very noticeable and I would be lying if I said I wasn't , not put off, but distracted by his physical appearance. Just thoughts in my head leading towards things like - how amazing it was how much he had accomplished and his attitude towards life, how if we were in Nazi Germany or even in the Middle Ages he would have been euthanised and then we wouldn't have had this music. Yes, its far fetched considering back then they probably didn't have the medications anyway.

Anyway , check out his music, the concert was amazing, he is amazing, his music is amazing.




No comments:

Post a Comment