Monday 26 November 2012

No Mr. Bond I expect you to entertain me forever

There is something to be said for a James Bond movie- you can never really be dissatisfied from it - mainly because you know, and will get ,what you are expecting from it each time.

I have previously warmed to Daniel Craig as 007, but I have to say after watching Skyfall my thaw is easing. I think it might be because in this movie we see a return to the style which has made Bond great - babes, cars, and plenty of good action. The other Bond chick could have been better written as a character but at least she was a pretty piece of tail to fall for 007.

I have to say the scene in Shanghai with the assassin had to be one of my favourites. In a nod to the style of Asian action movies we see a fight scene in shadow backlit and to me, the choreography of this particular fight scene was divine. It was like watching two beautiful dancers complete a sublime pas-de-deux and it just worked in its simplicity.

But there is a sense of stability in Bond movies and as we move from female M back to male M and with a fabulous new Q - I am already looking forward to the next one.

Anyway its great - go see it. And Daniel Craig has now eased into top 3 spot for hottest Bond in my opinion - just ever so slightly behind Connery and Brosnan. Maybe number 1 one day.

What else is new - oh I have finally realised why people call marujuana - skunk - because when you smell skunk it totally smells like pot, for like the first few seconds and then it just stinks.

I'm off to another concert this Wednesday - it is David Clayton Thomas who was in Blood, Sweat and Tears - which I've never heard of but hey we shall see how it goes. Experiencing new things is the modus operandi of this adventure that I am on.

On Thursday I am off again to cause mischief up in Wiarton with Jess.This is Jess... I am really looking forward to seeing her again, and being around someone my own age who is just as mad and willing to do mad crazy things with me. Plus its snowing there and she lives right next to a hill so I'm thinking tobogganing in our future.

Also, the Festival of the Northern Lights is on up in Owen Sound and some beautiful hikes. I've figured out finally how to use Instagram so we will see if I can even get a photo out.

Oh AFTER I got absolutely raped by Rogers Wireless network here - god I miss NZ telco companies - people in NZ have NOOOOO idea how lucky they are with charges back home. I did one day roaming in the US and I barely used my wireless $280 USD BOOM! Rat fink bastards.

Aunty Tree is going to call them tomorrow for me - each month she does battle royale with Rogers and is really good at it - this is how BS their system is. Anyway I shall sign off for the night , and hopefully dream happy thoughts.

Talk to you soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment