Thursday 26 July 2012

Around the world in 30+ hours

Rightio - now I know I haven't posted in a couple of days - thanks to everyone who emailed me asking :-) Love you all.

Had a lovely last lunch on Sunday with the Hui's at Chez Petersen and it was nice to have time with just my parents at the airport saying goodbye.

The Last Supper :-)

My family - had to have the Princess in there (that's the dog)

Airport with the Parental Unit
 My flights from NZ was actually really really good even though I tripped the long way around through LAX, my layovers were really quick.

One thing I have noticed is how NICE everyone is - its random even in the US I remember their customs people being quite hard core but this time through they were just lovely and so helpful as I had to arrive and transfer through from one terminal to the Tom Bradley terminal and I thought I was going to get a little lost (I mean come on we know what I'm like).

Finally rocked up to Sweden and had to stay at the airport as my flight to Skellerftea didn't leave until the next morning. There is this place called rest and fly and it is basically a room and it is clean and comfy and you shower etc in a communal shower.


Above and Below : Rest and Fly room



Just landed - not looking too tired thank goodness
Europe always has square pillows and I've missed them!!


Needless to stay I crashed out completely it was awesome I had been in sitting position for over 30+ hours so very keen to stretch out.

And then I arrived in  SkellefteĆ„  and got to give my Lillasystar the hug I've been wanting to give her for months.

First piccie with my Lillasystar

SkellefteƄ is about the same distance from Stockholm as Wellington is from Auckland. It takes about 8 hour to drive - Ida has next week off so we may hire a car and road trip down to Stockholm to hang out for a week or something.

It also has the population of Feilding and there are bikes EVERYWHERE!!! But its actually fairly flat so not to hard to get around.

In Sweden you can't have ANY alcohol in your system if you drive - there are huge fines and they are incredibly strict - I don't know how Kiwis would cope to be honest. I mean not one drop! Which is why you cycle if you want to drink - technically you can be done for drunk cycling but its better than driving.


This picture is just for Miffy - they have pink aisles in all the System Bolaget!!! The state booze store)

So we headed into the city centre and picked up some vino - of course. Sweden is also very eco friendly so even the wine in casks or boxes or whatever you call them is still really nice.

Chilling out in the afternoon sun it was so nice to be with Ida again and to finally meet her family.


No comments:

Post a Comment