Friday 24 August 2012

It's been quiet but nice

OK - the Scandanavians come up with the best stuff. Check out the photo below. This is their version of an ice tray. You pour water into the bag and it seals itself up and then you lay it in the freezer to freeze. When frozen you simply break the plastic and out pops the ice. It's a space saver, easy to use, you buy the bags in containers like the Glad Bags and you can store heaps of them at once. I realise I sound like an infomercial but seriously this stuff is awesome.

Mama Svenska very kindly agreed to cut my hair. I hate getting my hair cut. Usually I have to spend over 3 hours in a salon and I just can't sit still for that long! She learnt to cut hair in her teenage years - her father was the barber of sorts in their tiny village (Ralund - previously mentioned) and when the boys wanted more funkier haircuts - presuming this is in the 60s and they wanted Beatles rather than short back and sides Ulla learnt how to cut hair. 50 years later and I reap the benefits. Free, quick and painless. She didn't even get my ear with the scissors (this was actually a caveat!)
Getting a hair cut - we've figured out that with all the hair dying I've gone back to my actual natural hair colour. 

Now Ida has gone and be a gimp. Actually she thought that she could stop a massive plate glass window from dropping. With her hand. Delusions of superman I tell you.

She had previously torn ligaments in her hand - so now she is in a cast for a week to try and fix it. She has to wear gloves to do things. Hee hee
The future makings of the worst prostate check ever
Years ago one of our dogs had an operation and we had to put a plastic bag around its leg. We have to do the same thing for Ida before she goes into the shower. Giggles.

Langstroms should not be allowed near equipment ( her father saw planed his fingers/thumb off at his work)

Check out my new Dickensian gloves knitted with love for me by Mama Svenska. Loving them - can't wait for it to get colder so I can use them!
For all of you who have had to work with me, or live with me and heard me complain about this. I finally got my damn glasses fixed so they no longer go sliding down my or off my face so that I need to keep pushing them up like Point Dexter.

This afternoon to a gold mine - 1 km underground. I am really hoping at this point that I'm not claustrophobic although I remember my father taking me caving when I was younger so I'm thinking not. I also intend of thieving any rock I think has gold it in.

Not that I will be able to do anything with it - but I just feel the need to. Maybe I have a little LOTR in me after all - my precious!

No comments:

Post a Comment