Tuesday 14 August 2012

Love is giving up the underwire to your bra

As I have made my way through this life I have always had in the back of my mind all the sayings that my mother passed onto me from her father.

"Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver, the other gold"

"Love many , trust few and always paddle your own canoe"

"Above all guard your heart for it is the wellspring of life" (Well anyone who knows the disaster that has become known as King Henry VIII knows that I need to work on that one).

I'd like to add one to the list though - true love means giving up the underwire to your bra.

I'm in Sweden as you well know staying with my dear dear friend Ida and she brought a bra in NZ (haha I knew it was bought just wondering how many of you just went - Anne-Marie we paid for that education at you can't even use correct grammar - wait that was just my Maman).

Anyway, I knew how much she liked it - so said to Mama Svenska that she should take the underwire from my yellow bra and put it into Ida's one. Now admittedly I'm not an entire saint (I'm sorry to shatter the illusion) and I did hate the underwire in it but I ask you this -especially you females - how good must a friend be to give an underwire too ?!!!

That's all I'm saying about that.

Anyway in another mention to a beloved friend of mine who is going to kill me for even putting this in the same blog post I have to say that in a guy/girl way my bro Ian has been answering my IT questions while half a world away.

I mean I can literally email and say - Plantronics headset broken help - and I get help. Sometimes friendship is not just about underwires but the massive wiring of the world that connects us all together.

Sorry I mentioned you in a bra piece Ian - but to be fair it's me you have to forgive me! I get to speak to Ian tomorrow and that's awesome.

The rest of you if I have not sent you a letter - its coming and I love you all - I will be bringing you the news in brief via puncto reflexionis tomorrow!

Bisous xxx AMP

2 comments:

  1. I like the analogy but as a dude I've got to add a trampoline to the mix, lol.

    trampoline > bouncing like crazy > :-) > bra > support > underwire > more support > friends > each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha love it - very much more the dude sense of the word. although one time I was on the trampoline - filming a Beatles video clip - don't ask - and I jumped right through the slitty bits and my friends just laughed and caught it on camera.

    Pre over the top health and safety days of course.

    ReplyDelete