Sunday 5 August 2012

The State of Mane

Ok - so sorry Corey I've been Swedified and I've gone back blonde (ish). I haven't had a Syster Monday with Ida in months and this is what happens!

Every five years or so I get it into my head that I can dye my own hair and get away with it.

I need a five year alarm that goes off telling me NO!!!! PETERSEN step away from the hair dye. Why you ask?

Because I end up looking like an itinerant German hippie and inevitably turn my lovely healthy locks into the biggest disaster since Justin Bieber was let loose on the world. Yes it may have been Canada's EFF YOU to the tragedy of the USA's Miley Cyrus but I digress.

This is what happens.

AMP with normal hair (well dyed from blonde to brown and fading out)

Systar Mondag

AMP after she decides to put blonde in it, it doesn't work, strip colour out then bleach it.



AMP with more bleach at which point she thinks - there is a reason why people go to hairdressing school - and I didn't so logically this means I shouldn't touch my damn hair.

There are no words I am never allowed to touch my hair again

AMP once she pays a professional to do her hair.



One time I really stuffed it up was when I was in Belgium and I tried to explain I wanted soft curls, problem was I have curls in my hair already although I didn't know this at the time. I ended up looking like a poodle. A very unhappy poodle.

Went to a different hairdressing and got it straightened at which point the tresses were looking very forlorn and then thought oh I'll dye it brown that will look nice. In theory. Not in practice when you end up with brown bits, red bits and orange bits, a kind of psychedelic hedgehog in essence.

Lesson learnt. So if you see me in 5 years do me a favour - don't let me touch my freaking hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment