Thursday 9 August 2012

You snus (snooze) You lose

 I had to do a special section for this particular product. This is snus - pronounced snooze. It is like chewing tobacco only you don't chew it you roll it in a ball and stick it up in your upper lip.

It smells odd, looks like mashed up tobacco poo and has more nicotine than a cigarette.

But in the name of travelling adventure I had to try it.

Now, I'm not used to having stuff in my upper lip and I clearly am not good at it. Even when Julle rolled me a ball it eventually started dripping down the side of my inner mouth near my teeth - supposedly you're to push it back up with your tongue however I couldn't figure out a way of doing this without being totally obvious.

So , as I sat there, with bad tasting nicotine sliding down the front of my mouth - undoubtedly staining my teeth I thought why would anyone do this?

Julle has been informed that under no circumstances is he to give me this product again - he says yes - but I know him he'll do it  just so he can laugh at the outcome!

My thinking is that for 6 months of the year it's so damn cold in Sweden that you wouldn't want to go outside for a cigarette so you have this instead.

And for all my cigarette smoking friends - its only 10$ for a 20 pack of Malboro Gold here.

But for me it has put me off ALL tobacco products, maybe the New Zealand government should use it in their anti smoking deterrent campaign.

3 comments:

  1. i know this as khaini. the foulest thing i have ever come across, though i knew a lot of people who used it. ech. and i am not easily queasy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I had a great giggle picturing you trying that stuff in your lip, drooling and all. I like Julle's sence of humor :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes he finds it very amusing!!

    ReplyDelete