Friday 3 August 2012

Saunas, summer and swimming

Time really is flying by its Friday already and I haven't posted since last week!

So what has been happening in the land of Sverige. Last weekend we headed to Julle's summer house and spent the weekend there.

Julle's first name is Anders but there are so many of them they all end up being called by their last names - he is one of Emil's friends (Ida's brother).

It was so beautiful there and it is right on an inlet that is like a lake but is also connected to the sea so its not exactly fresh water, not exactly salty - but more sort of like a swimming pool type blend. I kept getting told how cold it would be and I don't know whether I am just all sorts of hard but it really wasn't that cold at all in fact it was rather refreshing.

Walking out to the deep end of the pool
The group chilling on the jetty - a perfect shot of a perfect summer evening
So we had a lovely afternoon in the sun and then yummy dinner then Julle heated up the sauna (my first Swedish sauna) and I believe I amused Emil and Julle highly as I went careering from the sauna running madly into the water and swimming away- you have to walk out for quite a bit and while Emil didn't dunk Ida I tackled her Kiwi All Black styles and she went down into the water like a house of cards hee hee.

It's getting darker but this is still around midnight and without flash.

Julle, Emil and I heading back from a 1 am swim after running down from the sauna
It was a very tired Ida and AMP who headed back to Skelleftea the next day and what was really sad was that there was an extremely serious accident on the way back where when we went past someone was being cut out of a car with the jaws of life.

1 comment: